View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 02:50 PM   #54
gcollier
gcollier began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Umm the calibre editor -- the part of calibre that corresponds to Sigil has "done" EPUB 3 for months, at least at the level Sigil does it.
Well this is good news to me. I admit to being a brand new user--as of 3 days ago, so I am happy to be corrected. Now, if you can show me how to find in Calibre where the EPub is 3.0 or 3.1, that will be terrific. (1) I have not found that or anything relating to that in the help material--and it would be very helpful from my dumb user point of view if that were added to the help material. (2) Plus, when I validate my Calibre EPub through the site validator.idpf.org, that site shows it as an EPub 2.0. (It rendered a Sigil EPub as 3.1.) And what that means is that IngramSpark won't accept my Calibre EPub. I'm not saying who is better or any such thing. The bottom line is whether IngramSpark will accept it. I have no skin in this game of who is technically right or justified about this, only whether it will be accepted as an EPub3 or 3.1. Frankly, I would rather use Calibre. But I can't if it won't show up as an EPub 3 or 3.1. I'll gladly be corrected again.
gcollier is offline   Reply With Quote