View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.tarde View Post
Thanks for the reference to daisy.org, where I see there is current work/discussion. I'll look forward to browsing through it all.

Peter
The real problem is that it's all concerned with the existing spec. OPS 2.0 was finalised in September 2007 and is closed to new features. I see no evidence of moves to start a new cycle to extend the spec and fill in all the missing abilities that ePub requires. The discussion about headers and footers is worth a read - the current framework basically has no solution for the issue and it was dismissed.

It's also not at all clear what action is being taken to fix the minor amendments that are being discussed. For instance, on 14 Dec 2009 it was proposed that the playOrder attribute in NCX navLists be made optional. Yet it is still required in the spec. What gives?
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote