View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.tarde View Post
Epub looks far from finished to me
I couldn't agree more. Once OPS 2.0 was finalised interest seems to have vanished. The current standard can't even handle columns on anything other than a rudimentary basis.

Much of the problem is that Adobe and its device partners have had a hard time getting a fully-conformant Reading System out the door. The latest desktop version of ADE doesn't even fully comply with the limited OPS2 spec, and the situation on embedded devices is worse.

As usual, things will continue to stagnate until there's competition to shake them up. This is why I'm hoping that Apple's implementation will provide an injection of innovation. If they want to render magazines and newspapers to an acceptable standard then they'll have to.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote