View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo View Post
I'm not the original poster, but I would have thought the reader would save it to the viewer settings file. On my computer that's C:\Users\halo\AppData\Roaming\calibre\viewer.json. That file already contains the list of recently opened ebooks. I don't see why it couldn't also store the last viewed page or any other book-specific view information.

Modifying an ebook file by merely opening it is unnecessarily risky, particularly in light of the fact that there's already a file that could store the last page viewed.
That would assume you only use the calibre viewer on that machine - for me that's not the case.

I don't mind synching .epub files based on their mod date, there's plenty of gadgets to do that, but I don't know of any gadgets that selectively synch the contents of .json files.

Edit : There's also bookmarks - I exchange epubs with colleagues, and we use the the viewer's bookmark feature as a primitive annotation feature - they are also in the epub.file. Same as notes and highlights are when we exchange PDF files

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-17-2013 at 01:20 AM. Reason: bookmarks note
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote