View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Haven't read them, but they sound steam punk to me. Amazon reviews are a bit mixed, but sounds like a fun series.
Thanks. I have looked at several different "recommend some steampunk" threads and never saw them mentioned, so I wanted to see if others thought they might qualify.

As for the reviews...it is hard for me to describe the books. They have an unusual feel to them which worked for me and obviously doesn't work for everyone. Given that, I would recommend people try them in the library or at least get the Kindle sample before purchasing them.

I also enjoyed the Recluce series (the first was by far the best), but I classify those solidly in the Fantasy genre even though those do have some steam engines/similar tech in them. The Ghost books are a little less clear to me.

Last edited by Dazrin; 09-28-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote