View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@HarryT: The metadata cover in a MOBI file is not part of the normal book contents, so you cannot point to it in the OPF guide.
You are right of course. I read ePub and Mobi books with about equal frequency and was forgetting which opens at the cover (ePub) and which does not (Mobi). In the absence of a "firstpage" Guide item, however, a Mobi book will open at the first page of the book, and (in all Mobi implementions that I'm aware of) a "page back" from there will display the cover.

As a matter of good practice, however, I think personally that it's always as well to explicitly specify in the Guide where the book should open.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote