View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 09:33 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I'm not doing anything different than I do with any of my eReaders, but I'm guessing the Kobo Mini might be a little touchier and maybe it's not quite done "unmounting" when it shows that it is. (I use Calibre on Linux.)
I don't use calibre and Linux much. And on Windows I tend to eject and then forget to actually unplug for a few minutes, or leave it to charge. But even when I am in a hurry, I probably do give them a few extra seconds before actually unplugging.
Quote:
By "format" I meant "output profile." When I used the Kobo output profile (there's nothing specific for Kobo Mini) it produced some odd elements (like wide spaces between italicized lines). The Sony PRS-300 output profile looks almost the same on the Kobo Mini as it does on Sony 300 and 350 (which I like). Now that the Mini (eventually) worked without a reset, I'm guessing that the output profile isn't the issue.
The output profile only really affects the image resizing. It sets the maximum size for images and anything larger will be downscaled. I usually recommend the tablet output profile for Kobo devices as they handle the images scaling fairly well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote