View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 12:59 AM   #271
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Just speaking for myself, the posts were a bit long and complicated, especially since I was traveling, so I put them off until now when I had some extra time. Although I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying that we appreciate all of the thought that both of you put into taking care of the club details!

My preference is for variety like our normal months. I would miss some of our typical categories. I'm not that excited about finishing out all of the Region options at once.

I am planning to volunteer for one of the rotating months coming up. I was just waiting to allow others their chance since I went near the end of the last cycle.

I hope that helps! Thanks again for your coordination of the group!
It's great to hear from you, Bookworm_Girl and happy travels! I'm certainly fine with only Bookpossum and I putting in our thoughts on club structure as that's not really the meat of the club so I know others may not want to worry about it as much, but still it does leave one (or two, heh) wondering what the others are thinking, or at least hoping they like what we're suggesting well enough.

As with fantasyfan last year, your post came a slight bit late as we've just embarked on our course of action, but I think your preferences will be addressed with the plan we're using regardless. Normal years have six rotating months and have always included at least one Region and one Time Period, leaving only four 'other' months at most for variety. It depends on how many people nominate a category during our upcoming nominations but my guess is we'll end up with anywhere between 2-6 non-Rotating/Region/Time Period categories so either way not that far off from other years, and perhaps even exactly the same or there's even the chance of more variety than a normal year.

Personally, I'm not specifically advocating for more Region or Time Period this upcoming year per se but only wanted to give us a more flexible frame as we fill up the slots in case others do (or don't) want extras of those. The special way we're doing it this year is more 'letting the chips fall where they may' so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote