View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 03:12 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I agree with your last point.

I need to retest the other points. I did one re-convert & noted that front & back matter, copyright etc. pages were present & I usually edit those out after the initial convert. Maybe I picked a bad test case where I'd not done that....

RETEST RESULT - Sorry but you were wrong:

TEST process
1. pick any book where there is just the one epub format
2. run epub to epub - this creates the original-epub format
3. now edit that book - type in THIS IS A TEST at start of chapter 1
4 redo point 2.
5. open book in editor - the text added in 3. is not there

so step 4 DID use original-epub as source
My bad, I sort of misread you post -

I've always been confused over this, its why I don't retain ORIGINAL_xxxx in the calibre book folders. As soon as I have a ORIGINAL_xxxx I put it in a 7z archive, delete the ORIGINAL_xxxx and add the 7z to the book (if its not there already).

I don't understand why the conversion dialogue can't be explicit. If there's an EPUB, an ORIGINAL_EPUB, an RTF and an ORIGINAL_RTF then why not display the one that's going to be used, and offer all 4 in the Input drop down for me to explicitly select the one that I want... assuming the default isn't the one I want.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-20-2014 at 04:05 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote