View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #26
space4
space4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle DXG, Kobo Aura HD
I love this idea of fixing the flash problem. The page turn speed on DXG is much slower than K3! If without the "Instant page turn" function in Duokan, I would have returned the Kindle already.

After seeing a youtube video on the Nook Touch, I am fascinated on how fast an eink reader can turn the page, it responds quickly even the page down button is pressed down continuously!

I tried the fix on post #23, #30 on my DXG, page update speed is faster, but words are very thin/broken and not quite readable. Probably due to the fact that the command version and waveform version are different from that of K3, and the constants are different also. Listed below for reference:

_FX_UPDATE_PART=0
_FX_UPDATE_FULL=1
_EINK_UPDATE_DISPLAY_PART=1
_EINK_UPDATE_DISPLAY_FULL=2
_EINK_UPDATE_DISPLAY_AREA=3
_EINK_UPDATE_DISPLAY_FX=7

I wish there will be a hack for DXG one day. I'll keep watching this thread. Great work!

Last edited by space4; 07-24-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Update
space4 is offline   Reply With Quote