View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #370
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielteleman View Post
I own a Remarkable but the screen is too gray for reading,
Is it still the 2200x1650 13.3''?
If so, I find it difficult to believe that the difference can be dramatic - they will employ the same.

On the Max2 you will perceive the effect of the filtering layer - the capacitive touchscreen - above the display: in some cases (e.g. mine) it is the lifesaver because otherwise the ~210dpi of the actual display makes it too blocky; on other cases (many other users here, see Onyxuser just above) they suffer the slightly reduced contrast. Myself, I perceive that reduction as slight - and I am overly glad to have that extra layer, because of the function and because of the filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielteleman View Post
My questions is for the posters in this thread focused on "reading"(whiter background, etc.): Are you getting the Carta or the Max 2?
For "reading" it seems you mean "legibility": do not forget, as I wrote, that you have on the one hand more contrast but more jaggedness and on the other hand somehow less contrast but also softer rendering.
If your eye is keen on detail, that softening is important. (Also since, idle note, to correct the absolute contrast you may increase the environmental light, while the correction of the rendering perception is more difficult.)
Below the extra layers, the display from E-Ink does not change.

Staying on your specific case: I find it hard to believe that there can be a revolution between the screen finishing employed by Onyx and that employed by Remarkable.

Last edited by mdp; 01-22-2018 at 09:29 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote