View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 02:22 AM   #31
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeink View Post
I've read this a few times on this forum and must be missing something. I just set up a new Kobo Forma and it required a username *and* password, as in it required a registered account with Kobo or another service. Is this method you mentioned a non-US option?

I ended up using Sign-in with Apple, then turning off wifi, deleting the saved WiFi password, and then disabling the account in my Apple account. I wish I would have had the option to put in dummy credentials, but the generated email address being stored locally on the device and also not connected to me any longer is sufficient.
If you don't have an account, you can create one with the email you manufactured. Setting up over WiFi, you will notice a "Create new account" below the "Sign in with your account". Much the same using the Kobo Desktop application. Simply enter your fake email and a password of your choice and go for it.

I don't see a Sign-in with Apple, just Google and Facebook but that may be a matter of my affiliate being KoboIndigo or not scrolling down. This is with the 4.25.15875 firmware.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote