View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 09:08 AM   #112
sonict72
Enthusiast
sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
PlasticLogic was aiming for flexible electronic circuits using plastic technology. A completely new fabrication process. The large ereader was just a way of bootstrapping the production system. Again, you can't compare the two companies. PlasticLogic didn't fail because it was offering a large ereader, it failed because it couldn't deliver on the flexible circuits in time.
The CEO decided to kill the product because by the time they had everything ready, the market had dramatically changed for eInk devices. Now that it's 10 years later, this is the right time for a 10 inch reader? I think not. I own dozens of eInk devices with my absolute favorite being the Entourage Edge. Most of their customers loved the product and had loyal followers, myself included. It would be pretty tough for reMarkable to duplicate their level of success. RIP Entourage Edge. RIP reMarkable.
sonict72 is offline   Reply With Quote