View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
My problem with library books is that the wait lists are usually hopeless. Now it's true, I only belong to one, provincial-wide, library, but my goodness, a wait list of 127 users for 4 copies of a book? I might not live that long! OK, I admit, it was Hadfield's book released just after he returned to earth. But even a Giller-nominated book, there are currently 18 people waiting for a single copy. That's 54 weeks if I were to get on the list now. (I admit, I was smart enough to go immediately to the library site the moment the list was released and get on the wait list for the only one that interested me. At that, I was still 6th on the list -- 18 weeks out...)
Part of that problem is on the libraries. Any library that allows 3 week borrowing needs to drop that and only allow up to 2 weeks. Also, I think the number of holds should be increased given the lines. I think a hold limit of at least 50 would be good. It means then that when in line for not yet released books or in a long line, there's still space available to put other books on hold.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote