View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
Eclipse
Eclipse began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
The reason for me choosing epub is that it looks really nice even when re-flowing the text. Problem with PDF is that the formatting is done by the author, not by the reader software. If it looks correct on my reader, there is no guarantee it will work on another. But hey, my first interest is to get it working for me.

As I mantioned, I didn't create the documents, others did. I'm facing documents that are well formatted, but many aren't. I know how to reformat them, at least what formatting I must use, but it is too time consuming (maybe due to my poor wordprocessing skills). Chances of a change in author-behaviour is small, we are a huge global company with thousands of writers and unless Microsoft (or Open Office) gets native support for automatised-one-klick epub output, I'm facing the task of doing the job myself somehow.

It not so much what I shall do technically, it's more how to do it quick or automatised. Just the trouble of setting all pictures and tables (usually over a hundred in a singel document) to "relative" is a time-consuming job.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote