View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #751
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2chng View Post
I try running the ineptkey (with the latest ED version on vista home 32 bit) but I keep getting windowsError.

The best part is the window error code keep changing. So i have no idea what is going on, and how I am going to get the ineptkey to work.

Here is the error message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Testing\ineptkey.pyw", line 198, in main
retrieve_key(keypath)
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Testing\ineptkey.pyw", line 140, in retrieve_key
vendor = cpuid0()
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Testing\ineptkey.pyw", line 103, in cpuid0
cpuid0__(buffer)
WindowsError: exception: access violation writing 0x01AE9C00
I saw this back on page 28 of this thread. Please forgive me for not reading all the way to page 50 to see if the question had been answered already

To fix this error, you need to add python.exe and pythonw.exe to Vista's Data Execution Prevention exception list.

Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Performance (Settings) -> Data Execution Prevention

Browse for your python exe's (e.g. c:/Python26/python.exe) and add them to the list of exceptions.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote