View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #32
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
When it comes to training I would suggest training as much as you're comfortable with so you still feel like training tomorrow. Most people just through themselves in to heavy workout right away and after a couple of weeks loose interest. Better to train less at a regular interval than a lot and then suddenly stop. Training shouldn't be punishment.
Couldn't agree more! The key is to start slow and build up. The first day you run, jog for just 100 yards if that's comfortable. The next time, maybe add ten yards. The key is to build up slow.

I started working out when a friend asked me if I was interested in playing racket ball. I was, so we walked to the gym (two miles) and were both exhausted when we got there. We played one game then staggered back. Six months later, we'd run to the gym, play a half dozen or more games then run back to our neighborhood.

PE instructors and coaches overlooked this back in the 60's and 70's. They'd want you to run a mile hard on the first day. Of course you'd end up exhausted and sore and never want to do it again. And they spread the myth that, if girls worked out they'd 'get muscles and bulk up'.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote