View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #24
Dr. Gunn
Dr. Gunn began at the beginning.

Device: Something running Android
Mendeley is working on a mobile version

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplauche View Post
That's not my issue. I like that aspect of Calibre very much. It's just that the way Calibre watches, manages and organizes folders is incompatible with my use of Mendeley Desktop as a research, bibliographic, and citation tool. I want to use Calibre for all of my pdfs and ebooks, because it does important things Mendeley does not (e.g., send to device, conversion to epub, etc.).
gplauche et al., sorry to barge in here, and I don't know if you've heard from Mendeley support on this or not, but Mendeley is working on a version that will work on mobile readers. The database admins would appreciate it if you didn't upload things that aren't academic papers to Mendeley Web, but it is your space and you can do with it what you like. Let me just point out that while it's wasteful to have multiple copies on your local disk, it would also be wasteful to have extraneous material synchronized to your Mendeley Web account, and that may be in shorter supply than your local disk. (Though if you need more space on Mendeley Web, I may be able to help you out - send me a DM or email).
Dr. Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote