View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic One View Post
Thanks for the help Dr. Drib I hope this works well I love this ebook thing and I also love the fact we don't have to cut down trees anymore to get our reading done.

You're welcome.

I love my two Kindles and use it (or them) daily.

One bit of clarification on the "bumping" issue: If [for example] you decided to change the price of your book(s), then that would be a legitimate reason to add that information to your thread. It's the bumping because of little or no participation from Members, or because your book moved from 63rd place in sales to 47th place (or 62nd, 54th, etc., etc., and then announcing that ad nauseum every other day) that is not appreciated by our community. We don't need weekly updates on someone's book moving up or down. The secret is to join in on the conversation in your thread as Members comment on your book and then to perhaps thank them. That will contribute greatly to the life your thread and will add continuing interest in your work AND in your Thread.

As I mentioned, though, there's a place where bumping DOES occur with a lot of fun, and that's in the "Shameless" Thread, where all participants give legitimate information AND/OR just generally have fun with the idea of bumping their posts to promote their book. It's really been a lot of fun for me personally and, I would hope, for the authors who participate in that Thread. They understand what it's all about, and they (and I) seem to love the good-natured, happy quality of the posts.)

I guess, to close this long post, the final secret is having good manners.

And remember: HAVE FUN!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote