View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 04:25 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmojo View Post
I chose my reader, loaded the pdf, converted it to epub, then clicked view epub to look at the document.

Does this accurately depict how it will look on the sony if i convert it to e-pub and then load it? It looks pretty shitty.
It is close enough. If it looks bad there it will on your reader too. You can try messing with the line un-wrapping factor under PDF input.

You can create PDFs from scratch to the exact size of your reader with the font size you want, but trying to take a PDF doc designed for a print layout of 8 1/2 inches x 11 inches and converting it to a suitable 5 or 6 inch ereader flowable document is usually akin to trying to place a square peg into a round hole, you can do it but it isn't pretty.

Sometimes though it works great because the PDF was created with their recent text reflow option and it was all text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmojo View Post
How do i see how it will look like in pdf on the sony? when i click view pdf it just displays the regular pdf in acrobat
Find a store that has a demo and will allow you to transfer some PDFs to the device to test out.

I have a prs-505 and I avoid PDFs like the plague. If there is a tech doc or paper only in PDF I'll suffer through reading it on my computer. I have decided that my 6 inch ereader is only for recreational reading of novels.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote