View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #12
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
They should. They have to.
What's stopping me from letting my cellphone on in my bag except my being responsible ? No one will see it, and that's more dangerous than using my reader in full sight.
So yes, they have to rely on passengers knowing what they are doing, because they can't see everything.
There's a difference between expecting passengers not to be malicious (e.g. hiding their cellphone) and expecting passengers to have some understanding of whether or not their device can interfere with the plane's electronics.

The general public is not competent to judge whether or not their device will interfere, therefore it's a perfectly reasonable expectation that passeneger should just turn off their devices when asked to do so.

/JB
jbjb is offline   Reply With Quote