View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipr View Post
The problems I see with the folder structures are the inconsistencies. The sort order inside the database is opposite of the folder structure on disk.

Also, if you do a Save Files to Disk, the output is also opposite of the folder structure. This complicates a backup because I back up the entire directory but I'd also like to do a File Save to Disk to get the .opf files. Of course, this creates another folder and copy of each book. I know this backup strategy is redundant as I don't need the opf files if I have the metadata.db file. I just hate having to rely on one big single file to have all my information.
Save files to disk is anything you can set the save template to.

There are inconsistencies within Calibre

The Luggage tag sorts Author by first name, last name,: the bookshelf display sorts by author sort.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote