View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 08:22 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
It's perfectly possible to edit a PDF file, changing the words which are displayed.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

If you put a font in an ePub file, then unless the book is DRM protected I can just change the file extension to ".zip", open the file with any ZIP program, and copy the font to my PC, where I can then use it in any way that I wish.

With a PDF file, on the other hand, the font really is embedded there inside the file, and I don't know of any way to get it out again.

Will a licence that is adequate to cover embedding a font in a PDF therefore be sufficient to cover its use with an ePub, where it's more a case of packaging the font in the file rather than making it in any way inaccessible to the user?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote