View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #146
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
I would also be dissapointed if open was the ONLY choice.
Me too. I wouldn't go near an iPhone type OS, but I often recommend it to people. Same thing with closed system proprietary readers like Kindle, which took its cues from the Apple's music ecosphere a tech generation ago. I don't want it, but I know people who can benefit from it and won't even notice the restrictions.

So long as there is a reasonable amount of choice, I'm happy for others to have theirs. However, with Palm and WinMo both going from open environments to closed, I have felt my options restricting, and I wonder if that momentum towards restrictions will ever subside and the market will even out.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote