View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #12
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkComp View Post
I want to avoid paying the over $100 extra for customs tax if I ordered and have it shipping to my country.
But how would you physically get it to your country? If you have it sent by mail or courier, you will have to pay the tax at the point of delivery. If you are visiting the US and carry it home with you, you will pay at customs on arrival.

By the way, I don't know which country you are in, but if it is in the EU, you won't pay "customs tax" (or, if you do, it will be very small), but you will pay VAT - but I'd be suprised if that was as much as $100. But, in any case, that doesn't change what I said above about paying at the point of delivery or arrival.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote