Thread: PRS-500 Crop in RasterFarian 2.5
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Crop in RasterFarian 2.5

Hi all.
My first post here, after I got the Reader few days ago. Great forum you have here and great tool in RasterFarian. I tried a pdf file in a store, was really disappointed but decided to bring one home for more tests (30 days for return, no fees at Frys :-). After I ran few pdf books through RasterFarian, I decided to keep the Reader. Thanks to Alex. I'd echo an earlier post and make a donation (or pay a price) for making the Reader a much better device.

I'm moving to Sony after 5-6 years of reading on PDAs (latest is a VGA Axim) and want to maximize the space on the screen. I appologize if this has been already covered, I searched and read all the pages about RasterFarian, didn't find the answer. I have a pdf file that has large white (or mostly white) margins. When I crop it in Adobe and save, it doesn't completely remove the margins, they are there but Acrobat displays the cropped version. When I run RasterFarian and choose NO for "autocrop" option, I'm getting larger margins than I see in Acrobat after cropping. Does "autocrop" option work with the un-cropped version of files? For some files "autocrop" works well, for others I have to crop manually. Is there a way in Adobe (or other tool) to crop permanently so RasterFarian starts with it?

Thanks in advance,
David
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote