View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 04:32 AM   #2
DairyKnight
Connoisseur
DairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with others

Device: PRS-505
1. I have reverse-engineered the Java booklet interface. Please see my previous post on this forum.
2. Kindle is using Adobe's Acrobat Mobile SDK. It is called through a JNI interface. I have reverse-engineered most of the functions & parameters. Unfortunately, Amazon didn't implement anything to read the TOC in Java, so you'd have to call them from the Adobe library, which is a C++ class library.
3. TOC could be implemented with PDR file hacking. I've done this with some code long time ago. But it has some bugs and I don't have time to fix them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgetech View Post
Before I go and wrack my brains to create a renderer of PDF's in Java in hopes to put it on the Kindle-2 ... Is there some glaring limitation or restriction that I am missing that has prevented the far smarter and more resourceful minds from doing this already? I am struggling with all of the PDF to mobi/prc converters since they all (MobiCreator and Calibre) fail to get the indexing or the table of contents right.

Put another way, is there anything that prevents a resourceful hacker from adding a Java 'booklet' to the Kindle's environment?
DairyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote