View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 AM   #12
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWaffles View Post
Don't use the wireless. Living in an area that doesn't have wireless coverage (Alaska), I've never gotten used to the wireless download. I've downloaded all my content to my computer and then USB'd it to the Kindle. Amazon.com may have records of what I've purchased, but they'll never have access to my Kindle to delete/snoop items. I don't like the idea of someone being able to look into my reading habits without my knowledge. YMMV.

P.S. Another advantage to downloading content to my computer is that I'll have a copy even if Amazon.com decides to recall a book for copyright issues (ala 1984).

C.P.T.
Even if you download your content via whispernet you can still copy the files from your Kindle to a hard drive on your computer. If you really want to keep your reading habits private burn your library card and pay cash for books, preferably in small bills.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote