View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #3266
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Updated Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraD View Post
Wonderful! Hopefully they will compete with or surpass the appearance of the new Sony Touch and Daily Edition devices. The reasons I prefer a Netronix or Jinke made unit over many other choices are still present in the new Sony devices, but they are lovely. With all the new competition such as the Opus coming to market and other companies such as txtr giving press release dates there will be added incentives for Jinke and Netronix to get their new units ready for market. The wireless and touch control aspects do not interest me, but the updated design does.
Dear Sara:

I am finding this thread IN the new Astak Forum.

I am in complete agreement. I think that design is becoming as important as function.

I think it is time to get away from the square edges and general rectangle shape and new something new and different. We are trying. China is not quite as design-concious as the USA perhaps.

I know there is only so much that can be done. An oval shape is not that good in the hand. But I have seen a prototype of the new design and it looks much improved to me.

I will keep pitching for a major diffferent design if possible. The factory is a fiercely proud group and I do not want to seem to urge too strongly. Let me do as much as I can.