Thread: TOC in Sigil
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I believe there should never be an hard returns (newlines) with the <text> area of any autogenerated TOC.ncx file. There is no way the program can determine how this will be used or displayed.
Yes there is. It's very simple: if the text field has a newline, then that newline should be displayed when the TOC is displayed in the Reading System. So the TOC entry should be displayed in two lines, just like Sigil's TOC editor displays them, for instance.

The problem is in ADE. It is naive about users not putting newlines in the TOC entries, which is silly. I should be able to instruct the Reading System to display my entry in multiple lines.

But I'll be changing Sigil's behaviour so it placates ADE. It's buggy but it's the market leader and unfortunately that means others have to play by its rules... and bugs.

EDIT: The issue for this is here. It has been fixed.

Last edited by Valloric; 08-19-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote