Thread: TOC in Sigil
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Upon inspection of the toc.ncx file I found many hard returns within the <text> statements. Some were caused by my <br/> commands and some seem to be in there just because the program decided to break the line for some reason.

I believe there should never be an hard returns (newlines) with the <text> area of any autogenerated TOC.ncx file. There is no way the program can determine how this will be used or displayed. However, if the toc is directly edited by the user then perhaps the newlines could be preserved since the user would have put them in.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote