View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 03:06 AM   #15
Jaime_Astorga
Member Retired
Jaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS-350-SC: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
And yet how many people do you know who would sit there and photocopy entire books to pass around to their friends? I'm sure it occasionally happened, but it was far from the norm.
I know in Peru buying cheaply bound photocopies of books was the cheaper way to get school textbooks, and I hear making your own copies is a widespread practice in South American colleges. Also, don't people who ORC books so that they may be digitally distributed perform a similar physical labor? Or people who sold pirated editions of books before the internet; did they not also photocopy the entire book?
Jaime_Astorga is offline   Reply With Quote