View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #22
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
Not necessarily - you could just as well provide a single header-element that specifies the type of DRM used. Then you would have to start an interpreter (read header) which starts the corresponding DRM-reader.
But I agree that different file extensions would be better (can you imagine the amount of support-requests resulting from it otherwise?)
You could certainly design Object oriented differently such as was done on the Palm (embedded header) or Mac (separate resource file) but for windows it works the way it works depending totally on the file extension. I am concerned about the user and support requests and disappointments are a major part of the reason I am concerned.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote