View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 11:03 PM   #131
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Have Kobo ever characterized themselves as "open"? Certainly, they are more open; they are rooted out of the box. But i am not aware they have ever used that as a selling point.
Well, that is what I said. And yes, they did. It is a while back, but for a few years they pushed this in their press releases and the description of their devices. They weren't talking about open source software, but, how open the devices are for books from other sources. And the number of supported formats.

I tried to find it in the waybackmachine, but, I couldn't see an example. But, https://web.archive.org/web/20150428...ucts/kobo-aura has "OPEN UP" under the Kobo logo. That was part of what I was thinking of. I think this might be towards the end, so it might have been dropped when Rakuten purchased Kobo.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote