View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 06:01 PM   #127
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Im not sure anyone, at least in this thread, is arguing kobo is more moral than amazon. Maybe what some people are saying is that it is easier to read sideloaded books on a kobo than on a kindle, because of the design of the two softwares. From what i know of the two, id agree with that. Kobo is less restrictive.
Less restrictive sorta kinda...

I find sideloading to Kobo somewhat restrictive. Yes, I get my book covers regardless of whether I sideload epub or kepub. BUT, sideloading to Kobo still involves annoying choices that are not entirely dissimilar to Kindle's annoying choices.

ePub, I get ligatures. KePub I don't, but I can zoom images. And there are other differences. In general, I prefer ePub, but not for books with maps or other images where I may need to zoom!

The irritating bit is that zooming images was possible in my Sony readers, so it certainly should have been able to be preserved for vanilla ePub in Kobo devices, grrrrrrr.

So I guess you can count me in on the Kobo/Amazon NEITHER is more "moral" side.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote