View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 02:34 PM   #870
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Out of curiosity, which version of Win10 are you running?

I run Win10 Pro, and have been free of this sort of annoyance. I suspect it mostly bites on Win10 Home installations.

MS has specifically stated it thinks its customer is the Enterprise, and assumes Pro and above will be run on corporate desktops that have a company Windows image installed with Windows and approved apps. Companies will be unhappy about problems like you have, and may well have paid MS support contracts through which they can express their displeasure.

(I won't run Home, and stuff like this is a reason why.)
______
Dennis
Running Home, unfortunately—cost of Professional is a bit much for me when I can just use a batch file to enable the GPE.

The issue turned out to be an incompatibility between KB5003637's "news and interests" and a shell extension I use. Updating the shell extension fixed things.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote