View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 02:20 PM   #83
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eures View Post
The purpose of the browser is obviously to navigate through the pages of the Amazon site to buy ebooks.
Well yes, that's a minor variation on what I was saying.

It's probably there for backwards compatibility; they thought it was a good idea when they added it way back when and now they're scratching their heads and wondering why they did that. Given how the UI is still the same lame deficient thing from way back then, that's what I'd guess. Once I got a Kobo my Kindle stays unused in a drawer; I'm always amazed at how glacially slow the UI advances on the Kindle. But I suspect that the browser on the Kobo isn't much better.

Last edited by hobnail; 02-19-2021 at 07:23 PM.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote