View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 02:36 AM   #3
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
The battery life seems to be very good on mine. I've had the HD3 for about 2½ weeks, it came out of the sealed box at 97% charged (which suprised me). I haven't charged it yet (though today it complained that its battery was getting low at 9%). During this time I've read on it every day, upgraded its software, used it's WiFi based Send-to-PocketBook features, plus I've downloaded an Overdrive book, using its browser — and tried out its text to speech feature and listened to part of one of its included Sherlock Holmes' Audio books. I've synced it a few times to the PocketBook Cloud, but I don't leave WiFi on all the time — so that needs to be factored in. (I also haven't, as of yet, tried out it BlueTooth feature.)

I'm not a "whole library" kind of person, so can't be much help here. I did read in a post on the PocketBook forum, that you can upload all your books (I assume there is a limit?) to DropBox and download them all via the DropBox app built into the HD3. I haven't tried it personally though, so can't (personally) vouch for this.

I would get a case. The HD3 weighs 155 grams and (at least it seems to me) there must be some compromise in its structure. In the U.S. cases are cheap. I bought one from Amazon Prime for about $11, but it doesn't have the wake/sleep support — it's a kwmobile and is (otherwise) a good case.

TechInn supposedly ships to Australia and they seem to have some good prices on PocketBook branded cases. (I'm not sure if all cases have wake/sleep support, so you might want to investigate that on other sites as TechInn's description seems kind of sparse.) I don't know what TechInn charges to ship to Australia. To the U.S. they are pretty reasonable... and fast.

https://www.techinn.com/en/tablets-e...k/11491/4338/x

The screen is the most evenly illuminated one I have. 7 white LEDs and 6 amber ones. I see no "coning" at all.
Well, that all sounds excellent! Thanks. I think I'll order one (and a case). Thank you again.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote