View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
What? No, no, no.

This USB Power Adapter doesn't just plug into the USB port of the Sony Reader. I thought I mentioned (see above posts).

You can get a cable that plugs into the AC/DC port of the PRS-700. So, now I'm charging my PRS-700 using my Apple USB power adapter AND I am able to read at the same time.

Pay attention to the cable I'm using which is the one right below:

One end of the cable is a USB plug. That plugs directly into the USB port of the power adapter. The other end of the cable is a DC plug which plugs directly into the AC/DC port of the PRS-700.

So, again, I can charge AND read on my PRS-700 at the SAME TIME because I'm not charging via USB but because I'm charging via AD/DC port.

And the chances this wouldn't work on the PRS-505 is close to nil because both the PRS-505 and the PRS-700 uses the same adapter, same plug, same voltage.

I think what's confusing you, JSWolf, is you think that a USB power adapter means you need to plug it into the USB port of the PRS-700 or PRS-505. Not so. A USB power adapter is simply an adapter that has a USB port. There are cables that go from USB plug to AC/DC plug. So, you'll be using the USB power adapter but plugging NOT into the USB port of your PRS device but into the AC/DC port of your PRS.

Got it? I hope so
I know how the cable works. But do you know what the power specification that comes out of that barrel plug is? Do you know if it might be risking your 700? Unless you know what comes out of that plug, don't use it. NEVER use any charger that you do not know what comes out of it. So what is the spec for that barrel plug?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote