View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 10:16 AM   #15
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco77 View Post
Nay, it was just a book whose opf was manually edited through the ebook editor. I wasn't aware <metadata> is a mandatory section. BTW it seems calibre itself embeds metadata prior to editing the book and it also expects the element to exist as well (also raises an exception when it doesn't)

The suggested advice was rather not abruptly closing the window/dialog when an error occurs, but rather report it so the end user can either seek help or fix it themselves.
I don't think it's going to be possible to fix this satisfactorily. I can stop the plugin crashing at the point you highlighted but parts of the underlying base calibre code expect an OPF <metadata> section to be present when saving the scrambled book. I think when a book is this badly broken it will be necessary to do some initial troubleshooting in the Editor with Check Book which will show error details and provide optional auto-fixes.

BTW, in case it helps, the automatic metadata embedding done by the Editor can be enabled/disabled as you choose in the Editor's own preferences.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote