Thread: Resizing covers
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 08:31 AM   #15
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
It seems to do the job...

I've now got it set to 474x630 with "Keep aspect ration" checked (3/8 of my Kindle's screen resolution), so it usually comes out at 630 high by 400-and-something. The image is clear enough to keep me happy, and the file size is reduced to something reasonable.

Of course the one thing it doesn't do is change the cover page SVG but I can live with that... I can do a "resize cover" as the first thing I do on new books before I edit them.
Or do what I do, use another plug in, I use an ancient modify epub one, as a final step, with replace cover ticked. I use that step to also fix up toc if i have removed any unwanted front or back blurbs.
Actually that's my last but one step. Last is to run count pages. If I ,later on, see an entry in page count, I know I did all my steps