Thread: Resizing covers
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 08:20 AM   #14
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
In 2019 several experimental versions of the plugin were posted on pages 3 & 4 of the Resize Cover thread, they provide a proportional-scaling/keep-aspect-ratio setting.

Unfortunately the people who posted them didn't ask that any one of them be adopted as the release version, and the mods weren't paying sufficient attention, so the one you've installed is probably from 2014!

Could you try the latest 'experimental' version, post #46. Post a message in the thread letting us know the result. If it does what you want I'll ask davidfor/JimmXinu if they could make that version python 3 compliant and we'll get the first post updated. If it doesn't….

Thanks

BR
It seems to do the job...

I've now got it set to 474x630 with "Keep aspect ratio" checked (3/8 of my Kindle's screen resolution), so it usually comes out at 630 high by 400-and-something. The image is clear enough to keep me happy, and the file size is reduced to something reasonable.

Of course the one thing it doesn't do is change the cover page SVG but I can live with that... I can do a "resize cover" as the first thing I do on new books before I edit them.

Last edited by Phssthpok; 01-25-2020 at 08:41 AM.