View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 04:17 PM   #12
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Yes please, and thanks
I hope you're planning on reading it anyway! It's really a must read if you've read 84, Charing Cross Road. I also liked her other memoir, Underfoot in Show Business, but I don't know if there's a digital edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I've already scored this at one of my libraries, so I will be reading it. And if the lack of availability in Australia is a major drawback, I'm sure something can be worked out. (It _is_ available as a dual book with 84 Charing Cross Road as a hardcover, so worth a look at your local libraries.)
You really have to read 84, Charing Cross Road first if you haven't, Charlie. Duchess won't have nearly the same resonance without that context.

Last edited by issybird; 12-01-2019 at 04:19 PM.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote