View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 05:38 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by luerman View Post
Hello - my first post here:
Installed: calibre-64bit-3.48.0

I get this error (see details below) when selecting at least two different options:
1) Switch/Create Library
2) Library Maintenance -> Check library

Note: I haven't used either of these options for many months/releases.

What I've tried so far:
I've uninstalled Calibre 64bit. The uninstall process removed the C:\Program Files\Calibre2 folder, so no need to delete that folder. And then reinstalled calibre-64bit-3.48.0.msi. Problem still there.

What should I try next? Can I safely fall back to a prior version? I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks

ERROR: Unhandled exception
ZipImportError:bad local file header: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\pylib.zip
calibre, version 3.47.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ZipImportError</b>:bad local file header: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\pylib.zip

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\choose_library.py", line 615, in choose_library
ZipImportError: bad local file header: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\pylib.zip
Something doesn't look right. You say you're running 3.48 64bit, but the error message tells us that you're running 3.47.

Assuming you install programs in the Windows default locations:
  • Uninstall all versions of calibre - look for 32bit and 64 bit;
  • Ensure there are no Calibre2 folders in "C:\Program Files (x86)\" and "C:\Program Files\";
  • Install Calibre 64 bit.
BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote