View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 03:32 AM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Earlier in the year, Kobo had to drop support for older security protocols that are now considered insecure. This is why they released an update for the Mini to 3.19.x. That update will allow the Mini to connect to the Kobo store and hence WiFi to work. But, a factory reset will take it back to a firmware version that cannot connect. The Kobo desktop application still supports the Mini, so you can use that to do the setup and it will install the latest available firmware. Or you can manually install the firmware update. After that you should be able to do the setup.
I misunderstood this. I thought the Minis would no longer work with the bookstore. I just downloaded a preview to try it out. Works like it always did. Happy to see that. So it's only if I reset the Mini that I'll have to upgrade via a PC using the Kobo desktop. I'm glad I asked this question.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote