View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 10:17 PM   #639
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I'm currently doing a partial reread of this series, starting with Mouse and Dragon, but skipping Agent of Change. (I've read it enough!) I've been having a really crap month and wanted some comfort reading. As always, the Liaden books have not disappointed. I'm up through I Dare, and now hitting the Theo Waitley sequence starting at Fledgling. Mostly these have been Audible reads, though I've also been switching to the eBook when I had actual time to sit and read. The plan is to finish up to the current book and by then I'm hoping the new Ava Lee book from Ian Hamilton (The Mountain Master of Sha Tin) will be sitting on my Kindle. (I know, that's not even close to a Liaden Universe series, but they are fun.)
Just bopping by after having been MIA for a while.

I usually do a re-read of the series, or at least one tangent of the books at least once a year. As you said, they are my comfort read. Other comfort reads, for me, are C.E. Murphy's The Walker Papers series, Seanan McGuire's October Daye series and her Incryptid series, and Eric Flint's 1632 series. I finally paused in my re-reads of David Weber's Honor Harrington series; I'm letting that lie fallow for a while.

I can't wait for Commander Vepal to go to Surebleak and meet the new/old Xtrang. I love how we are gradually learning more about that branch of humanity.

I wonder if we will ever get stories about what is happening with Rhys on his journey?
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote