View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 09:13 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonL77 View Post
Hi

I’m looking for books that deal with science and horror. I’m not sure what it is about it but I love the idea of scientists meddling with something that creates something horrific. Examples of this would be the latest Doom game. Scientists in a sterile controlled environment unleashing literal hell. Another good example would be Event Horizon and the Dead Space games.

I’m looking mainly for science and interesting/thought provoking ideas and concepts rather than ‘pure’ horror.

Would be great to get some recommendations as I think I’ve consumed every other medium (films/games) that deal with this topic.

Thanks
Jon

Obviously, the book that started this was Frankenstein. Michael Crichton's The Andromeda Strain was a classic, as was Jurassic Park. There are Doom tie-in books out there.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote