View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 09:07 AM   #10
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I think it's rational to not start using an app because it appears to be abandoned ware. I like marvin and have been using it for years, but one of the things that I look at when trying to decide on buying an app is when was the last time it was updated.

Now, the flip side is that the developer has taken lengthy breaks and come back with updates in the past, so I wouldn't totally write off Marvin. He did update it a year ago.
I would totally agree with not starting to use Marvin - IF there was something even comparable out there to replace it. Obviously 'comparable' is in the eye of the beholder. But I haven't found any other app that is nearly as good, with the functionality of Marvin.

If there was some critical 'break' that made Marvin non-functional, that would be a different story. I don't rate the notch in iPhone X in that category - especially with such an easy workaround.

To each, their own.

...and, you are right...Kris does come back and surprise every once in a while!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote