View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Just another opinion ...

My advice is to enter the authors field in the default calibre way, i.e. enter them as FN LN and let calibre create the partner author_sort field as LN, FN. If calibre occasionally gets it wrong (as described by BetterRed in post #6) then manually correct those authors.

The reason for this advice is that it should give your users the best flexibility. Each user can then choose to send author name(s) as either FN LN or LN, FN when sending to their chosen reading device. If both calibre fields authors and author_sort have the same value they won't have a choice.

As a practical example, my own experience is with Kobo devices where it is important to have the option to send in FN LN format to be able to use their 'Author Lists' feature.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote