View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 12:31 AM   #1450
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Why does the US often get better special offers?

But in this case

Thermopylae: The Battle for the West

$3.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J48FD4W
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Ernle Bradford's books are e-pub in the US by Open Road Media, and go on sale often, but usually only for a short duration, for $1.99, or even sometimes $0.99. So, if you really want this title in the US, just put an eReaderIQ watch on it for $1.99 and it'll probably come up soon. Open Road titles go on sale so often that I don't bother posting them any more, except when they seem to pick up a new author, figuring that folks who want them already have them, although apparently that's not necessarily the case.

It's much more unusual to see Open Road titles go on sale for anything approaching reasonable prices in the UK, and in fact, this UK edition is Endeavour, not Open Road, so it appears that Endeavour may have the UK rights to most of Bradford's titles. In a quick check of a handful of Bradford's titles, all except one were Endeavour, with only The Great Siege, Malta 1565 as an Open Road title. This is a little odd, because my memory was that Open Road had the Bradford titles in the UK too, but I suppose things could change, or more likely, that I could remember incorrectly.

And, BTW, while checking this out, I noticed another Endeavour-pub Bradford title, The Mighty Hood, on sale in the UK for £0.99: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mighty-Hood...dp/B01DW9353E/
Sorry, you guys. I thought that everyone would catch the fact that it was a backhanded way of saying that "this is a good post." I did think about the fact that someone might take what I said literally, and that I needed to do something (else) to tip people off, but I finally decided that having that ridiculous smiley ( ) and the hyperbolic "always" would do the job. In retrospect, I should have done something additional. <---- my genuine feeling now.

I do not have any impression that any country or geographical area gets better deals than another. I rather think that it is pretty much even, over time.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-28-2019 at 12:47 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote